The right color for your logo and branding can be one of your most powerful marketing weapons. Recent marketing studies discovered that buyers remember colors 80% more than designs. Industry leader in color studies, Colormatters.com reports that people see color before they absorb anything else!
Image courtesy of Colormatters.com
Let’s explore the trending colors in logos for 2018 for you to find your perfect shade for success.
99designs.com, where hundreds of thousands of logo and brand identities are created, researched global design trends and found that these eight colors are the newest and hottest logo colors in 2018.
When I needed a new logo for my startup company I used 99designs and love my logo and had fun with my crowdsource contest too!
- PINK – Pink’s rise to trend status started when social network site Tumblr users, who loved shades of pink, started a worldwide craze for all things pink. Now the use of pink, from flesh tones to hot magenta, has gone mainstream and can be seen in all types of product logos including designer liquor such as this gin bottle branding logo.
- METALLIC – The use of metallic shades in fashion has spread to other industries with beautiful results. The shade is both luxurious, rich and glamorous and a bit edgy too!
- BRIGHT COLORS – Following the rise of app designs using bright primary and neon shades, this bold design sense is growing in popularity. Thank Google and it’s vibrant palette as the clincher.
- ULTRA VIOLET – Pantone’s color of the year 2018, a clear true purple shade that is both dramatic and thoughtful. Early adopters in the digital design world were not surprised at this colors award.
- GRADIENT SHADES – Gradient is an ombre effect of colors blending from one to the other. These modern versions show as backgrounds and icon buttons nicely online in app design and web applications.
- PASTELS – Moving out of the baby nursery and onto the minimalism design trend are pastels tones of mint, sage green and taupes.
- CLASHING COLORS – Dubbed brualism, this raw and sometimes ugly design makes a statement and demands to be noticed.
- BLACK – Voted color of the year 2018 by Olympic Paints is well represented in design trends with charcoals and deep indigo shades.
Naming Tips: How to Come Up with a Catchy Business Name
Check out my guide on how to start your business right with tons of useful tips I learned by successfully starting, building, and selling multiple companies.