You have decided that 2018 is your year to become an entrepreneur. Good for you starting your own business is easier than ever thanks to the ever-changing world of technology. Just a few years back we did not have the business opportunities in social media, alternative lending sources, and mobile business models. Yours sure you want to start your own business but don’t know which idea is best for you. Take time and review our list of ideas for new businesses in 2017 and beyond to be inspired and educated on your choices for your new firm’s success.
Trends New Business 2018
- Freelancer and Gig Economy – The trend is towards a gig economy, that which are temporary positions with contract and independent workers for short-term engagements. Software company into it has predicted that by 2020, 40% of American workers will be independent contractors. With a little creativity and smarts, entrepreneurs can build the business around this kind of self-service business. People who want to start this type of activity and focus on the most popular services such as data entry, writing, computer programming spreadsheets like Excel and all kinds of website development tasks. Major sites such as Fiverr and Up work list projects and gigs available.
- Apps for Children – Today more than ever, kids are tomorrow’s new customers, so selling them today is an excellent idea. 75% of children in America have access to a mobile device and a smartphone or tablet computer. In the past, television was often called the electronic babysitter today it is more likely that a smartphone is an electronic nanny. Their parents, who are probably technically addicted millennial’s, encourage their children to use software and apps, especially those that teach good health habits and are education oriented. Focus on developing apps for children in this growing marketplace.
- Instagram Marketing Consultant – The explosion of social media has opened up many new business opportunities for entrepreneurs. One of the most interesting is Instagram, the online mobile photo sharing, video sharing social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos then share them using the smartphone app and also on their other social accounts such as Facebook profiles, Twitter accounts, tumbler websites and Flickr photo galleries. Multiple trend reports have detailed that more companies are expected to be using Insta graph as a marketing tool in 2017. That makes sense because this social media site has reached over 500 million users in 2016 and is expected to grow substantially at a 49% rate annually. While individuals know how to use Instagram many companies have no experience nor knowledge of this website platform. So if you know about marketing and social media such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. you are in an excellent position to start a business that focuses on how to get companies new customers through the Instagram website.
- International Translation services – The global nature of business today requires the translation of documents to multiple different languages. Additionally, firms now do business with companies outside of the US and need to be able to communicate in those other languages. If you are fluent in other languages besides English, you could create a good business serving different types of companies from manufacturing to medical.
- Training For Software Programs – As we advanced in this technological age. The software we use becomes more and more complicated. The days of people being able to teach themselves how to use programs have gone away. Very few software manufacturers offer anyone on one training nor any online classes, both career executives and businesses need to have trained properly in software such as QuickBooks and Microsoft Office. Companies that offer one-on-one on-site training for managers will do well as will those offering small group classes for multiple students.
- Women’s Health Specialist – in 2015 and throughout 2016 the purchasing and decision-making power of female consumers is being recognized and capitalized upon by smart businesses across America. Women-focused media is helping to reshape our societies ideas about femininity, gender, and power. This more evolved mindset is removing the social taboo of women’s health and bringing it to the forefront of business in 2017. Entrepreneurs who are ladies and want to make a difference in other women’s lives are well poised to profit with firms that offer women services, resources, and products through their health and well-being.
- Millenial Fitness & Social Club – America is home to 80 million millennials, those born between 1982 and 2004, with $200 Billion in buying power. These people are very healthy, and fitness minded. However, they are not going to come to your father’s health club. A new trendier and more social and technical brand needs to be created to attract them. They want fun and lots of social media presence to connect with the company and their friends. Offer this type of fitness adventure, and you are sure to profit in the years ahead.
- Outsource business services – the recession has trimmed many businesses, employees and those same companies have been reticent to rehire until they are confident the economy is healthy again. However, there are many needs firms have her services that need to be filled. Now that is where you come in as an entrepreneur offering those services on a contractual basis. There’s a great opportunity for those who have skills in marketing, personnel management, hospital management, accounting, and sales. The business-to-business market is strongest and is most open to hiring outside contractors. Examine your skills and experience and create services to sell in 2018
- Estate Sale Brokers – As our population ages, many families are left with the states of lost loved ones that can be both emotionally and financially overwhelming. They need help in organizing, appraising, and selling their families possessions. The most successful business owners will have experience and knowledge in the antique and secondhand market sales. The ability to work with people, logistical organizing, and team management will ensure your business success
- Electronic Recycling Home and Office Pickup – The result of our huge almost insatiable desire for new electronic devices is mountains of old electronics and their toxic batteries that need to be properly recycled. These materials are extremely dangerous in standard trash dumps. Many people do not know how or where to recycle these items. Also, they tend to be cumbersome and bulky such as old televisions, broken computers, outdated laptops and obsolescent cell phones.Start a new business that picks up this trash, which is referred to as e-waste these days, and take them to your nearest electronics recycling center. Your fees can be based on item weight and travel distance.