- Short and simple is best – Aim for a short and easy to understand the name, especially important in today’s fast-paced digital world.
- Reconsider including your business town location because you may move or expand in the future and your location specific name could be confusing and a liability.
- Storyify your name – Because your customers will ask why your company is named as such, have a story. This will help you stand out from your competitors and give your firm personality.
- Speak your intended name out loud to see how it sounds and to be sure it is not too similar to other commonly used phrases.
- Consider your international markets and double check the meanings and translation of your proposed name before finalizing.
- Name your business differently than your personal name so that you can sell it in the future if you decide and to make your business a company not just your job.
- Abstract names can work well. Consider creating a new word for your name.
- Differentiate your name from those in your industry. Compare it to your competitors, because your customers will be doing it.
- Research availability of your new name, search the US Patent and Trademark office for previous trademarks, register your new company name
- Find out if your domain name is available and also if the social media handles are open for facebook, twitter, and Google+.
Newest on Best4Businesses.com
You love fashion. You're a fashionista. You follow designers the way that some people follow sports teams. Use your love of clothing to start the business of your dreams. Yes, the garment industry is very competitive, but so is every profitable business trade. Also, there are many entrepreneurial opportunities available beyond the obvious ones of the designer or ... Read More
Rejoice, entrepreneurs, 2017 Marks the Highest Rate of Startup Business Survival in a Decade Don't believe the lie that most, up to 90% of new businesses fail in their first year. It's not true. The facts are nearly the inverse. The SBA (Small Business Administration) Office of Advocacy reports that 79.9% of companies launched have succeeded, not failed, in the first year of ... Read More
Ladies, as a businesswoman and entrepreneur myself, I am glad to share these inspiring business ideas for your future success. Women, let’s get into entrepreneurship together! Here’s my list of the 10 best business ideas for women (profitable and home-based) from creative crafts to digital design (event planning and fashion designer too) this is your entrepreneur startups ... Read More
Here is where to get the best business startup ideas in booming industries with greatest opportunities for entrepreneurs. All of them have strong growth projections with positive future trends. The average US small business grows annually at 8%, firms in these industries have grown at a much faster pace than their competition. When you are considering launching your own ... Read More