If you want to be self-employed and work from home, instead of starting your own business, then check out this list of legit work from home business ideas complete with links to get started right away.
Let’s get busy getting you a new home-based career.
- Legit Work at Home Jobs with Application Links
- Work at Home Job #1 – Search Engine Evaluate
- Work at Home Job #2 – Customer Service Representative (Call Centers)
- Work at Home Job #3 – Data Entry Worker
- Work at Home Job #4 – General Transcriber
- Work at Home Job #5 – Document Translator
- Work at Home Job #6 – Online Tutors
- Work at Home Job #7 – Magazine Writer
- Work at Home Job #8 – Freelance Blog Writer
- Work at Home Job #9 – Direct Sales
- Work at Home Job #10 – Virtual Assistants
- BONUS: More Ways to Make Money Working From Home
How would you like to earn a living right from your own home?
Today it is much easier to earn a good income online right from your home. You are in the right spot of you are a mom looking for a work from home job.
To find a real legit at home opportunities, you have to be able to separate the genuine opportunities from the scams. We have done the work for you and below you will find a list of real online jobs you can do from home.
How to pre-screen “work from home” jobs
- Does it sound too good to be true? Perhaps it is. Before you commit to any opportunity, do your homework!
- When you see “no skills required”, this is a red flag. Any genuine work at home job will fairly compensate you for the work you do.
- Never pay for the information (or equipment & software) or to work. These are not real job opportunities.
- The majority of work from home jobs are not actually advertised. So if you see an advertisement for a work at home opportunity, proceed with extreme caution!
- Did you come across an opportunity you are considering? Research the name of the business online. Look at the reviews and if possible, get feedback from people who are actually working or have worked for the company.
What Are Employee Positions?
“Employee positions” means that you work for multiple employers instead of just one. It is similar to what an independent contractor would do.
Most of the jobs below will not have employee benefits or W-2 type pay, therefore, keep this in mind.
When you work from home, you will have to pay your taxes, health insurance, and retirement savings. Your employer will not pay for these.
Legit Work at Home Jobs with Application Links
Work at Home Job #1 – Search Engine Evaluate
There are times when the Google search results are way off and this is where a Search Engine Evaluator comes in. Their job is to rate the search results so that they match what the user is searching for. They usually earn $10 – $15 per hour.
Work at Home Job #2 – Customer Service Representative (Call Centers)
Big companies in the US like American Express and Walgreens use Customer Service Representatives to take inbound calls from customers.
Depending on your experience you can earn as much as $15 per hour. Not suitable for moms with young kids.
https://careers.americanexpress.com/ (offers benefits)
Work at Home Job #3 – Data Entry Worker
Data Entry Worker is one of the most popular work from home jobs for moms. The jobs vary from simple inputting of info to ones that require special skills and the pay will vary accordingly. You will need good typing speed, a reliable computer and high-speed internet.
Work at Home Job #4 – General Transcriber
Transcribers convert audio recordings like college lectures, medical notes, interviews, court hearings etc. into written documents. Jobs and pay will fluctuate with the kind of work and on average they make over $16 per hour.
Work at Home Job #5 – Document Translator
If you are fluent in a language other than English, this is a growing field that needs your skills. You will be required to accurately translate documents from one language to another.
Work at Home Job #6 – Online Tutors
Online tutoring offers parents the flexibility to connect with tutors for their kids. To do this job you will need high-speed internet and a good computer.
Work at Home Job #7 – Magazine Writer
If you have excellent writing skills, consider writing for a magazine. The pay scale is drastic, from $50 to $1,000 per article.
A great starting point is The Writer’s Market, which is available from Amazon in Kindle and paperback formats. This is where you will discover countless publications that will buy written content from freelance writers.
Work at Home Job #8 – Freelance Blog Writer
Not as lucrative as magazine writing but depending on the employer, you can earn from $30 – $100 per post.
Craigslist Job Ads (look under big cities)
Upwork – This is the result of Odesk and Elance merging.
Work at Home Job #9 – Direct Sales
Ideal for those who love sales, meeting people and sharing products they love.
Work at Home Job #10 – Virtual Assistants
Virtual Assistants usually perform the tasks of an administrative assistant such as data entry, editing, email & social media management, email outreach, etc.
Find individuals and companies posting virtual assistant jobs that you can work from home on this proven marketplaces:
BONUS: More Ways to Make Money Working From Home
Please note that the opportunities listed here are very unlikely to generate a full-time income; so don’t quit your day job yet.
Write for Content Mills
> Don’t forget to check out this list of remote work websites to find legit work-from-home jobs from our friends at Dollar$anity
We hope you found the above list useful. Good luck in your work from home job search.