Working from home has become more manageable because of today’s high-tech tools that allow almost all transactions to be done online. Processes like messaging as well as sending and receiving files have become more accessible. Building a business has also become easier since you can take advantage of the global marketplace and acquire customers from all over the world.
A lot of people are still afraid to take the leap, though, and go for remote work because they’re unsure of how to go about finding legit jobs from home. They may also be financially unprepared since the process entails saving up enough money to get you through the weeks or months where you’re not earning income.
Nonetheless, there’s been many professionals who’ve decided to leave the corporate world and start their own e-commerce store or provide their services as freelancers. These people adopted the mindset of a business person and chose to take full control of their workload and income capacity.
If you’re thinking about working from home, here are a few ideas on how you can earn a living:
- Start a Dropshipping Business
Dropshipping is a business model where you act as a middleman between customers and suppliers or manufacturers. You take the clients’ orders then forward it to the vendor who’ll be the one to pack and deliver the merchandise to the consumer.
It’s less stressful than the traditional setup of having to worry about where to store your products and going through inventory every single day. Starting a business like this one provides you with the perks of being an entrepreneur without the hassle of warehousing and other overhead costs.
- Be an Affiliate Seller
Another lucrative business venture is becoming an affiliate seller. With this, you look for items on major platforms like Amazon and eBay then promote the product links online. Afterward, when a customer clicks on the hyperlink you shared and buys the merchandise, you get a commission.
This is an excellent way of monetizing your blog if you have a decent subscriber count. You can even promote the links on your social media profiles in the hopes of having your family and friends click on them and purchase the products.
Top affiliate marketing websites where you can start earning a commission from:
- Amazon – Amazon is considered as one of the largest e-commerce sites today. You can take advantage of the platform’s vast product offerings as well as their massive consumer base.
- eBay – The auction website also boasts of a diverse user-based marketplace. It also has a straightforward affiliate program since you only need to share your link and you earn a commission when someone buys from it.
- Shopify – This e-commerce software has an affiliate program. You can earn as much as 598 USD, or 200 percent bounty, when someone you referred to the platform purchases the standard plan while you get 100 percent bounty on the enterprise plan, which is equivalent to 2,000 USD.
- ShareASale – This network acts as a place where affiliate sellers and merchants meet. The primary benefits of partnering with this website are its flexible payout options as well as an extensive product selection.
- Clickbank – Similar to ShareASale, Clickbank also offers a diverse marketplace where you can easily choose what products to promote.
- Rakuten – This e-commerce store has partnerships with big brands so you can promote their products with confidence.
- Write an E-Book
If you’ve completed a degree or racked up enough experience to become an expert in a particular field, you may want to look at self-publishing an e-book as a home-based income-generating job. The best part about being a writer is that you get to choose your niche as well as your working hours.
You may want to save up capital for this venture, though, since you’ll need to hire a proofreader or editor to help you fine-tune your written masterpiece and ensure that there are no errors once it’s out in the market. You can easily publish your work on Amazon and take advantage of its massive user base.
Naming Tips: How to Come Up with a Catchy Business Name
- Share Your Skills
You also have the option of tutoring others or consulting them in various areas. While you don’t need to be the best in a particular topic or industry to do this, you should have a thorough knowledge of the area so you can teach with confidence and help others who are struggling.
Working remotely has become a more accessible and convenient way to earn a living. Whether you’re selling products or capitalizing on your skills, you can take advantage of today’s technology to grow your business in the comfort of your home.
Check out my guide on how to start your business right with tons of useful tips I learned by successfully starting, building, and selling multiple companies.