The marketing industry continues to be impacted by the digital revolution. Businesses no longer rely on human-to-human interactions, like coffee shop meetups, exhibitions, or personally asking for referrals and recommendations.
Business owners in the B2B area, therefore, need to change their marketing strategies to get noticed or keep their companies moving. To avoid being swept under the carpet by competition or other big brands, they have to adopt solid plans.
Below are some of the top B2B marketing strategies businesses can implement.
- A Solid Web Presence
According to Think with Google, 53% of shoppers start by searching online — this number will rise as more people gain access to the Internet globally. Having said that, it’s important for a business website to have essential and helpful details that can help B2B buyers in their purchase journey.
These are key facets needed in your web strategy:
- Products/Services Page – Make sure that you optimize your website so you can give crucial details to your clients, helping them in making purchasing decisions. These pieces of information include price, location, usage with well-optimized images, and related content.
- Blog Page – A blog is a powerful complementing tool that should be part of your inbound marketing strategies. A blog can be a means of dispensing information and act as a lead magnet in your sales process. It will also help you to gain a competitive advantage in the online sales process.
- Technical Team – The technical aspect of your website is essential to your overall content strategy. Either in-house or outsourced, the team will help boost the effectiveness of your website and enable it to gain higher rankings in B2B search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Social Media Presence
For you to get those much-needed leads and interactions, you need to get your social media handles and profiles active. To make the most out of the many benefits of social media to businesses, you may look into the following tips:
- Optimize The Channels – If you have listed your business on different social media platforms, like Facebook and Twitter, it’s time to optimize them. Have a solid monthly or regular content plan. Ensure your content is well crafted to be able to tap the B2B leads.
- List In Key Channels – If you want to connect with high-level decision-makers, ensure that you are listed in channels like LinkedIn. On the other hand, Twitter can help engage customers in conversations.
- Integrate Your Social Media Channels Into Your Website – The traffic and conversation you’re able to generate in social media need to be integrated into your website. This is where you can easily push products that are located in the website; it will also allow you to discover more prospects for your business.
- Utilize Insights And Analytical Tools– Any social media site or platform you choose has its own internal insight and analytical mechanisms. These offer audience information, help you develop leads, and give you reports on your engagement performance.
On average, users spend 144 minutes per day on social media, which means that your brand can benefit from such platforms in a massive way.
- Incorporate Other Key Marketing Strategies
Marketing requires a 360-degree approach and inclusion of many aspects and strategies to strike success. Also, for these strategies to work, there is a need for an integration plan. This helps to achieve a clarity of purpose and direction. Here are some of those strategies:
- Video Marketing – This is one of the top trends when it comes to B2B inbound marketing strategies. Customers are more likely to make purchases after a video advert.
- Email Marketing – Compile an e-mail list for your customers, and this can be done on website visitors and social media followers. This list is a golden marketing opportunity for your B2B prospects.
- Content Marketing Plan – Content is king in the online marketplace. It’s the spine of all available strategies, thus make sure to invest in the right resources for it. This will be crucial in converting those leads into sales, as well as in keeping your business sales cycle active.
- Lead Generation – This should also be an utmost priority for your business to succeed. For instance, a Facebook pixel can be installed on your website to score leads that can be used for re-targeting.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization is essential any marketing strategy. This will help solidify and complement other key strategies.
This are the things that are needed in SEO to ensure a good B2b marketing performance:
- Keyword Optimization – This can be done by first conducting an audit to check whether there is any element of keyword cannibalization, stuffing, and correct density. Thereafter, the online assets should be aligned to ensure that they are responsive to keyword insights.
- User-Friendliness – A good and sufficient SEO strategy ensures that a visitor has a positive experience using your website. This involves inclusion of navigation tools, like search tabs, and a good design that ensures smooth site experience.
- Content Management – The technical aspect of B2B marketing must complement the content plan. This can be achieved through an audit to determine the presence of duplicate content, dysfunctional links, as well as any other backlinks and non-existent content. This helps develop content that will be discovered with ease or one that avoids being penalized by Google algorithms.
- Mobile-Friendliness – Majority of users rely on mobile devices, like smartphones and tablets, to access sites. Ensuring that your site is responsive to mobile devices can help foster your marketing efforts.
Search engine optimization plays a huge role in B2B marketing. This scientific approach helps structure content in order to be friendly to search engines and users. It can also help diagnose the performance of backlinks, external links, mobile responsiveness, and domain performance—all these technical aspects are necessary for success.
B2B marketing requires a keen look into the aspects of your leads and target customers. This will help you come up with the best web and social media strategies for your brand. Key marketing methods, like video marketing, content marketing, and email marketing, will work best if integrated into websites and social media channels.
Check out more about digital marketing trends here